Twelve Step Involvement & Treatment Offerings
Worldwide and nationwide, twelve step programs like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA) and SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery have been proven methods for maintaining abstinence from substance abuse. The AA and NA traditions and steps have helped millions of people recover and maintain abstinence from substances for decades and Enlightenment of Santa Cruz will require your attendance at a self help meetings weekly.
What are the Twelve Steps?
The twelve steps are very meaningful and thoughtful and, while we are not trying to reinvent the wheel, we strongly endorse twelve step program attendance. Just as an overview, and only viewing the AA twelve steps, let’s take a look at them for you:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol/drugs—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Copyright A.A. World Services, Inc.
Many Paths can get you to the truth.
We aren’t saying the 12 Steps are the only path. We just encourage you to find a path and enjoy a new way of life.
Call us Now to Get on the Right Path
If you are suffering from the disease of addiction and want to live a safe and happy life, contact us for program information.